Friday, September 6, 2013

"First Kiss" ...well on stage




above pictured CJ Brady as “Happy” 
Alara Ceri as "Ally"
photo credit - Lisa Leonardi-Knight


Moments leading up 
to the kiss, “Ally” 
thinking “Happy” isn’t 
interested tries to back 
out of her flirtation.

At the moment I am in a Play, Hollywood Positive, its my second play ever, and I am loving it, in fact last night we changed the ending of the play, my last scene…my self and my scene partner, who is also the playwrite Alara Ceri, we were just never happy with the ending, it didn’t feel like an ending.  So, Spoiler, last night I had my first on stage kiss.  This moment will stay with me forever.  Much like a first kiss, I was nervous, my heart was beating fast, 5 minutes before going on, I ran to my car, rinsed my mouth with Listerine, brushed my teeth a bit, and my tongue (TMI), and devoured wintergreen Altoids, up until the last second of me stepping out on stage.  It was all worth it, I loved the new ending, and I heard at least one person kind of gasp when I went in for the kiss.  It was magical, well for me anyway, I cant speak for Alara.  


CJ Brady as "Happy" and Alara Ceri as "Ally"
in Hollywood Positive at The Raven Playhouse
 photo credit- Lisa Leonardi-Knight 






"Happy" finally makes 
his move, and is happily
received by Ally. 




photo credit- Lisa Leonardi-Knight 
Hollywood Positive at 
The Raven Playhouse


No comments:

Post a Comment